Chromecast is a device from Google that allows streaming video from computers, phones, and tablets.
It is plugged into the HDMI port of the projector.
- To access the Chromcast device, you need to have already connected to the hackrva-lan ssid
- Windows 7 or later
Not specified on the site, however, there is a download for chrome on 32-bit and 64-bit debian and fedora based distros.
Mac OS X 10.7 or later
Procedures for Usage
The basic procedure for using Chromecast can be summarized as follows:
- compatible device is being used
- chrome browser is installed with the cast plugin
- a chromcast device is installed into the desired projection medium,
- the chromcast device is setup to access a wireless network common to both it, and the source device being streamed.
- Install Google Chrome browser
- Download the chromecast extension
- Connect your laptop to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast
- Surf to desired content, using Chrome browser
- Click the "cast" button, within the Chrome browser extension
On mobile devices, you will need the appropriate app installed on the tablet, or smart phone, being used.
IOS compatible application from the AppStore for the following:
Get the chromcast app from Google Play store